Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 January 2012

Cold Calling

I am not a big fan of cold calling, both receiving them and having to actual conduct them. Unfortunately, as I am coming to realise they actually work quite well. This surprised me quite a bit, since when I get an unexpected call from someone asking me if I am happy with my long distance phone call service I usually try to get off the line as soon as possible. Consequentially I have to start wonder exactly what I am missing out on. I might actually listen next time.

But when on the other side of cold calling, the problem I find is the repetition- "Hello, my name is Daniel White and I would like to talk to you about the entertainment options you provide for your members". Seriously, I am starting to say it in my sleep. Still in this day and age, when everyone has a website, our mail boxes are stuff to the brink with junk mail - both electronic and snail mail, I suspect that there is something to be said about the old fashion voice on a telephone.

And as I said, it does end in some positive results. We have recently been getting quite a few requests for some computer orientated courses to be developed. Which is exactly the sort of way I want our potential clients to view Hale & Fun. As a one stop shop, a place where they don't just order off the rack but get tailor made courses. So the call has gone out to our growing group of quite able facilitators to develop and submit some computer orientated courses. The plan is to dazzle our potential clients by how well we can give them exactly what they ask for, after all customer service is paramount to a small business and we want the clients to know we are ready for whatever they throw at us.


No comments:

Post a Comment