Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Media releases and more business seminars

Hi all,
Well it has finally come. The website is up and running and Hale & Fun has enough of a syllabus that we can really start selling. So at the moment the focus is getting the business presence really out there. For this to occur we have hired the services of a press release writer named Keeta Nova ( http://keetanova.com.au/). I found some comments about her on Flying solo business forum and they all seemed highly positive and I have to say when I spoke to her on the phone she seemed to know exactly what I was talking about and the problems I was having getting the media release to really pack a punch. I would like to believe that after spending so many days and months on getting the business up and running that I would be the perfect spokesperson for Hale & Fun and therefore should be able to create magical press releases in my sleep but this turns out to be a lot harder than it looks. Thank god we live in the age of outsourcing.

I also went today to another business seminar this time run by X10. It continues to amaze the amount of free training and advice there is out there at the moment for the small to medium business owner- If you want my advice and lets face it I am writing a blog so I am arrogant enough to assume you do want my advice- and you are in Sydney and want to start a business, go for it. Now is definitely the time, with the NEIS program and the small business seminars being hosted by the Govt it has never been easier (which is good because I am kinda lazy!).

So what were my feelings on the seminar today. Well, nothing new really but it is good to network as always and you do pick up little hints and tips on how to be more effective. It is kind of like going to a Tony Robbins seminars. Now I wish I hadn't made that comparison because I really hate those sort of motivational speakers (Oh yeah, like I am alone). So I would give it a definitely thumbs up.

It also helps they were giving away a free book on marketing and free two hour coaching sessions. I really like free stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment